Sunday, July 12, 2009

Disneyland and Universal Studios

While we were in Anaheim, we stayed in a hotel across the road from Disneyland. It gave us the chance to get there before the gates opened and so we were able to go to the rides which were more popular without having to wait for them. We did all the major attractions by 11 am and then went back to the hotel for a break and went back later. I was impressed by Disneyland...it was quite charming and the only cheeesiness I really found was the parade in the afternoon. The rides and attractions were high quality and impressive and of course, fun. Rob and I decided not to do the rollercoaster style rides which were only two on the list I had. We missed the fireworks at night because we were in a submarine doing the Nemo ride. Michael said he wished he was younger so he could get scared by some of the rides....Michael since being in USA has experienced some of the most thrilling rides at a theme park he went to.
Yesterday we went to Universal Studios...again another fun day. L.A sure know how to entertain! The attractions were movie based but similar to Disneyland. Michael said it was Disneyland for grownups. We did a tour of the studios and we got to see Wisteria Lane in Desperate Housewives, sets with special effects were amazing and surprisingly real.
Today we are departing for a town close to Yosemite National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment