Yesterday morning we looked at the shops at 5th Ave (noticed I wrote 'looked' instead of buy) which were the exclusive sort. Rob would not buy me anything from Tiffany's or DeBeers but was prepared to buy me something in Chinatown that afternoon. What a difference in cultures! We explored little Italy and Chinatown in the afternoon which showed where the Italians and Asians migrated to. Little Italy was full of restaurants and some expensive cafes (we paid $5 for a coffee but we were tired and desperate) and Chinatown was full of shops selling produce including foods I have never seen before. It was also full of souvenir shops and people clandestinely trying to sell rolex watches and DVDs to passing tourists. And it also rained again.
Last night we went up the Empire State building....up 86 storeys! What a fantastic view! I am glad we saw the view at night as it would of been cloudy and smoggy here in the daytime and hence would of been disappointed.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment