Thursday, July 9, 2009

Now in Anaheim (where Disneyland is)

We finally left Las Vegas this morning quite happily may I add...it was not my favourite place but I am glad I saw it. It didn't help that it was over 40 degrees while we were there. The hotels were quite incredible and each one had a different theme and hence it was decorated accordingly. Our hotel was called New York New York so the outside looked like a mini version of New York with its iconic buildings and bridges and the inside was filled with restaurants and the vast gambling area. There was even a shoe shine man (New York is known for them) who I felt sorry for as no one was needing shoes to be shined as everyone was wearing casual shoes. There are lots of entertainment at these hotels and we even attended a very cheesy dinner show for $50 for the four of us. It was good value but there was a catch to getting these cheap tickets...Rob and I had to attend a 'time share' talk in the morning for 3 hours where the sales rep was trying to sell us a unit in Las Vegas....last place I would buy a unit.

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with your assessment of Vegas -- something to see once, but that is it:-)!

    ReplyDelete